Throughout December we will be praying in particular for our church.
Pray God will:
• empower and envision the leaders as they preach the Word and lead Bible studies
• use each member of the congregation in a mighty way in the church
• give each member of the congregation grace and vision to do all that He has called us to do
• pour our His Spirit on everyone in the church
• help us to show people what Christmas means to us and can mean to them
• help us to invite non-Christians to the Carol Service on 22nd December and the New Year’s Day Party and that we may have opportunity to speak to them about God
• enable us to truly worship God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength
• lead, bless and protect Garry and Julie as they take up their new role next year as pastors of the church
We have collated all the prayer topics which have featured throughout 2013 into a ‘2013 Prayer Booklet’ and these will be available on Sunday for all members to take. On the last page you can record some of the answers to prayer you have seen. Hopefully we can share these during the last evening service of the year on 29th December so that we can reflect on all that God has done during 2013 and can encourage each other with how God has answered prayer and led us throughout the year.
Prayer meetings will be held on Thursday 5th and 19th December, with the first prayer meeting being a prayer walk. We started the year with prayer walks throughout Goldthorpe in January and have done a few prayer walks since, so it will be good to end the year with another prayer walk. We will be leaving church at 7.30 p.m. on that evening, so please make sure you bring a coat and are prepared for the cold weather on that occasion!