At tonight’s service, we heard about people’s favourite Bible verses and why they meant so much to them. The favourite passage overall was Psalm 23, with people finding comfort and strength from these verses.
Other favourite Scriptures included:
- Phil 4:8, as a reminder of how to think rightly
- Ps 73, a testimony of how God answers our questions about unfairness and injustice in the world and reassures us of His eternal purposes
- Gal 4:4, a reminder that God’s timing is perfect, even if we don’t understand it,
- Ps 56:8, which teaches that God knows our every tear and stores them, no sorrow being wasted
- Eph 1:11-14, which reminds us that we are included in God’s purposes and plans
- 1 John 5:5, which reminds us that our faith overcomes the world
- Num 6:23-24, which is a blessing and prayer that God will make His face shine on us
- John 3:16-17, a reminder of God’s great love for the whole world which includes us!
- Heb 13:5, which reminds us we are never alone
- John 1:5, because this shows us that evil will never prevail over good
- John 2:5, 10, verses from the first miracle Jesus performed at the wedding of Cana which stress the need for personal obedience and show us the blessings that result from such obedience,
- Job 19:25, a reminder that our Redeemer lives
- Eph 1:3, showing us that every spiritual blessing is our birthright in God
- 2 Tim 2:15, the verse God used to call Garry to preaching His word and reminding him that this word must be handled correctly (‘cut straight’)
- Ps 103:11-12, telling us of the scope of God’s forgiveness
Other favourite Scriptures include the life of Joseph (because it shows how God interacts in everyday living). God’s Word comes to us at different times in different ways, but we are grateful for the encouragement and strength it provides for us all.